Data Analytics Rotator2019-05-15 00:00:00
To support Internal Audit (SIA) in the delivery of it's mission to provide independent assurance to the Group leadership, the Audit Committee and ultimately the Board on the status of internal control systems and risk management processes, which have been designed to help the client accomplish its objectives.
SIA helps the Group to achieve its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Control Framework in its various aspects as well as risk management practices.
In this context, part of the purpose of this role (50%) is to continue to develop, implement and embed the Data Analytics (DA) capability within Internal Audit (including our Business Integrity Department) and to provide audit and investigations related Data Analysis and Analytics expertise to the wider SIA community.
The remaining 50% of this role is to participate in 4 audits / year, as the Data Analytics SME or in exceptional cases as the lead auditor for ‘DA heavy’ audits; apply experience and judgement in the execution of DA techniques and Data Analysis, including audit programs and assess results to provide assurance and/or to identify issues and make recommendations.
The Data Analytics Rotator is a role for an experienced Data Scientist with excellent understanding of risk and controls in a variety of different businesses and functions, who will be a member of the Professional Practices department and report into the DA Manager.
The job requires someone who can clearly communicate with auditors around the world, mainly business rotators with no professional Data Analytics background, to help the consistent application and embedding of DA in a wide range of practical scenarios
Principle accountabilities include:
- Support the AM's during the Annual Audit Planning process in the identification and definition of Data Analytic opportunities / techniques to be incorporated in the proposed audit approach of future audits;
- Support the audit teams in the identification, development and execution of controls testing based on Data Analytic techniques in all Business and Functional audits.
- Ensure appropriate quality review and testing of analytic tests and reports before deployment to audit teams.
- Review and analyze audit analytic results, document and communicate identified control weaknesses, audit findings or process insights.
- Contribute to the wider development and deployment of Data Analysis skills within SIA and deliver against predefined metrics.
- Analyze lessons learnt and identify themes based on feedback from the use of analytics to continuously enhance / improve the existing data analysis and reporting capabilities
- To provide independent assessments of design and operational effectiveness of business / operation controls in accordance to Internal audit and generally accepted Standards
- To provide sound analysis and recommendations to senior management
- Support SIA in the adoption of new and improved tools and methodologies in order to continually improve audit work product