Software engineer2019-08-23 00:00:00
· Designs Controller platform features on function/subsystem level conform the departmental and project procedures and documentation, coding, test and verification guidelines. The job entails responsibility for independently organizing reviews of this design with colleagues, in addition to those with the function designer. The SW engineer responds to directions from the Function Responsible and the function designer and acts in line with departmental and project processes. For day-to-day professional problems the SW engineer consults the Function Responsible and fellow SW engineers. Any potential failures to meet schedules are reported to the Function Responsible and suggestions are made for avoiding overruns.
· The Controller platform is part of an multifunctional printer/copier/scanner and handles all generic platform activities on the multifunctional, e.g. OS, drivers, libraries, security, user management, system access, peripherals. These platform activities are part of the engine’s so-called Controller software, which in its turn handles all logistic behavioural and storage processes of the multifunctional.
Key areas of responsibility
· Responsible for the design to be made of feature or function level.
· Understands the implication the overall SW design/architecture has for this design and communicates issues regarding the feasibility of such a design within the constraints of the overall SW architecture. Especially performance and user interaction consequences are key factors.
· Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
· Acts as a team member and ensures an adequate level of know-how for the Engineers in the team. Is responsible for input in the planning process.
· Inspires fellow engineers to get the job done.